Kooragang Coal Terminal Arrival Roads
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC)
Kooragang Coal Terminal has a licensed capacity of 120 million tonnes per annum. All of the coal received at Kooragang Coal Terminal is delivered by rail into four rail receival facilities located on the northern edge of the terminal. The Kooragang Arrival Roads Stage 2 project involved civil construction and track installation works at the Kooragang Coal Terminal along with the installation of select signalling “civil” infrastructure.
Element’s engagement included:
- Environmental Management Representative
- Providing ARTC with sound environmental advice
- Review of contractor environmental management documentation
- Developing and implementing the Community and Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- Managing the water quality monitoring program
Element assisted ARTC in maintaining a high environmental management standard during construction to avoid environmental incidents and associated environmental impacts on the nearby sensitive receiving environment of the Hunter River estuary.