Senior Environmental Consultant
The Senior Environmental Consultant plays a key role within Element, serving as a senior member of the team responsible for planning, managing and preparing environmental assessments (REFs), environmental impact studies and environmental management plans.
About the position
As part of our talented team, this position will offer you the unique opportunity to join a consultancy where the focus is challenging the norm, building relationships, to never stop learning and above all, making consulting fun and not all about timesheets and utilisation.
Specifically, you will:
- Project Leadership and Management:
- Manage and prepare environmental assessments (REFs), environmental impact studies, and environmental management plans for a diverse range of projects.
- Collaborate with project teams to define scopes of work, set project objectives, and develop project schedules and budgets and prepare fee proposals and tender submissions.
- Monitor project progress in collaboration with the Project Manager, identify risks, and implement effective mitigation strategies.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Technical Expertise and Guidance:
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance to the team on environmental assessments (REFs), environmental impact assessment studies, and environmental management plans.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends, regulations, and best practices in the environmental consulting field.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of environmental policies, regulations, and relevant industry standards to support project delivery and compliance.
- Client Engagement and Relationship Management:
- Engage with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory authorities to understand project requirements and address environmental concerns.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships through effective communication, responsiveness, and high-quality deliverables.
- Provide professional and expert advice to clients on environmental planning, impact assessment, and sustainable practices.
- Team Collaboration and Mentorship:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including other consultants, scientists, planners, and engineers, to ensure integrated project delivery.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior consultants, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Encourage knowledge sharing, innovation, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Ensure that all deliverables, including environmental reports, assessments, and management plans, meet high-quality standards.
- Oversee the implementation of Element's quality management system and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practices.
- Conduct internal reviews and provide feedback to ensure accuracy, clarity, and compliance of project deliverables.
- Business Development:
- Contribute to business development efforts by identifying opportunities, preparing fee proposals and tender submissions, and participating in client presentations.
- Cultivate and expand client relationships to generate repeat business and contribute to the growth of Element.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental sciences, environmental planning or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental consulting, with a focus on environmental assessments, impact studies, and management plans.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering complex projects across various sectors.
- Strong technical knowledge of environmental regulations, policies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with local and regional environmental regulations and planning frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical thinking, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in project management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and 11% superannuation.
- An additional week’s annual leave to the national standard.
- Truly flexible working model. Element have been leaders in this since our inception in 2013.
- Direct daily access to our Executive and Senior Leaders, from industry leading professionals, providing support and advice when you need it.
- Access to mentoring and continuous learning opportunities and grow and develop.
- A truly collaborative and supportive team to work with.
- Incredible diversity of work and diversity of clients.
- Opportunity to grow a business during an exciting scaling up period.
- Technical equipment and work mobile phone provided.
Enquire for this role.
If this sounds like the unique opportunity you have been waiting for, enquire below and outline why you would be a great fit for the role.